Thursday, September 2, 2010

I received my first official love note today. The girl obviously wrote it at home because it was written on cardboard. It says "Teacher. You are so nise."

Also, one student kept calling me "Teacher" in class and one little boy turned to him and yelled "Call her her name. Call her Mrs. Dyer"

Speaking of my name, there is some confusion in the school. On my door is a big sign that says "Welcome to Miss Dyer's class!" Clearly my students are using this to know how to write my name because when I read their letters they wrote me the other day, half of them started with "Dear Ms. Dyer's,". I have the the task of being on recess duty this week and as I was holding the door open for one other 2nd grade class to go through, one girl said "Hi Mrs. Dyer's".

I love my job.

4 comments: