Tuesday, June 8, 2010

more SF adventures

I have been having so much fun with Nicole. She is so positive and happy all the time and makes me laugh all day long. I love her! I am sad to be leaving tomorrow but here are a few of the adventures we have had lately:

-Weekly checkups. Everything looked great again. Seeing Baby D on the ultrasound and hearing his heartbeat is amazing. The other day Nicole made a comment along the lines of , "Most women who have a baby with spina bifida, that keep it, are religious." That statement kept going through my mind as I saw his head and his heart beating on the screen. How anyone could do that to their unborn child is beyond me. I have seen him and heard him. Baby D is a human being. He has as much of a right to this life as any other baby. He is going to have great parents and a great extended family that love him beyond words. Because he will have some physical limitations does not make him any less special. If anything, he is more special. I know he will bring so much joy to our family and I can't wait to meet him.

-More fun lunches and dinners. San Francisco sure knows how to do good food.

-Packages from Mr. Jennings. He sent up some of my very favorite treats, which are total contraband in rooms, but Nicole and I have been enjoying the sugar.

-Ghiradelli Square. They give out free samples! Which was awesome. It was very big and pretty being right there next to the water.I'm going to miss this girl. Thank goodness for sisters.

2 comments:

  1. ...and thank goodness for Mr. Jennings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Tammy, you said we were going to be friends this summer. You also said you would be in charge of organizing the get togethers because I am too lazy. So far, it hasn't happened. So, when you get home, you probably should let me into your life more.

    P.S. I'm soo glad you got to spend time with your sister. It sounds like yall had so much fun.

    ReplyDelete