Saturday, October 31, 2009

halloween



I made my costume this year, as well as my niece's. They are matching (more pictures to come).
I've been very crafty lately, but I love it.
We are tinkerbell. Our wings light up and everything.

For some reason I have been very nostalgic this Halloween. When we were all young, we had a set Halloween tradition. After getting our costumes on, my mom would take our pictures in front of the big front door. After trick or treating in our own neighborhood (the fisher's always had the best candy - and decorations), mom and dad would drive us around other neighborhoods to trick or treat. But first we had to go to Grandma Hiner's house, where she always had orange jello and Halloween goody bags waiting for us. After we were done collecting candy for the night (Lance always got the most), we could go into the family room, dump our buckets into piles in front of us, and trade our candy until we were fully satisfied.

Two times, in junior high, I begged my mom to let me go trick or treating with my friends. I thought it would be more fun to go with them than my family. I regret that so much now. I would give anything to have two more opportunities to ride around in the car with my family, jumping out of the car to hit a bunch of houses and then meeting dad at the next corner before we did it all again. I wish I had two more opportunities to have my mom pose us in front of the door as she takes several because she wants to get the picture "just right". I wish I had two more opportunities to trade my candy with my siblings and let Spencer have all the kit-kats.

Happy Halloween!

3 comments:

  1. I have the same regrets. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little Miss "T". I love your costume; good for you for making it yourself! We miss the Dyer Family trick-or-treating at our home in Olivenhain. You guys were always so cute. And, then we'd go to Village Park and do the jumping out of the car thing, too. Miss you and miss those good old days! Love, The Marshalls

    ReplyDelete